Updated January 2013
Hodgeman County is served by the Southwest office of KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs) in Garden City, which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 2 students from Hodgeman County are currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Hodgeman County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Randall Fahrenholtz, MD, a resident of Tribune, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 4 KU Medical Center graduates live and/or practice in Hodgeman County.
- 18 health care professionals from Hodgeman County participated in KU Medical Center continuing education courses and conferences in 2012.
Advancing Health Care Access
- 1 Hodgeman County resident made a visit to a KU Medical Center health care provider in an outreach clinic held outside of Kansas City in 2012.
Feb 27, 2014