Updated December 2014
- Haskell County is served by KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Center (AHEC), which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 2 students from Haskell County are currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Haskell County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Thomas Koksal, MD, a resident of Garden City, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 2 KU Medical Center graduates live and/or practice in Haskell County.
- 1 Haskell County health care employer exhibited with 2014 Kansas Career Opportunities, which is designed to introduce medical students, residents and other health care professionals to rural communities looking to hire.
Advancing Health Care Access
- Haskell County residents made 6 visits to KU Medical Center health care providers in outreach clinics held outside of Kansas City in Fiscal Year 2014.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jan 02, 2015