Updated January 2013
Haskell County is served by the Southwest office of KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs) in Garden City, which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 3 students from Haskell County are currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Haskell County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Randall Fahrenholtz, MD, a resident of Tribune, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 2 KU Medical Center graduates live and/or practice in Haskell County.
- 20 health care professionals from Haskell County participated in KU Medical Center continuing education courses and conferences in 2012.
Advancing Health Care Access
- 11 Haskell County residents made visits to KU Medical Center health care providers in outreach clinics held outside of Kansas City in 2012.
Feb 27, 2014