Updated December 2014
- Gray County is served by KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Center (AHEC), which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 1 student from Gray County is currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Gray County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Thomas Koksal, MD, a resident of Garden City, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 8 KU Medical Center graduates live and/or practice in Gray County.
- 1 health care professional from Gray County participated in KU Medical Center continuing education courses and conferences in Fiscal Year 2014.
Advancing Health Care Access
- Gray County residents saw KU Medical Center health care providers 6 times via telemedicine in FY14. An interactive video technology that connects providers and patients when distance separates the two, telemedicine services are provided through the University of Kansas Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth.
- Gray County residents made 12 visits to KU Medical Center health care providers in outreach clinics held outside of Kansas City in FY14.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jun 25, 2015