Updated December 2015
- Gray County is served by KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs), which serve the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 1 student from Gray County is currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Gray County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Thomas Koksal, M.D., a resident of Garden City, serving as the medical education director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 9 KU Medical Center alumni live and/or practice in Gray County.
Advancing Health Care Access
- Gray County residents saw KU Medical Center health care providers 4 times via telemedicine in Fiscal Year 2015. An interactive video technology that connects providers and patients when distance separates the two, telemedicine services are provided through the University of Kansas Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jan 22, 2016