Updated December 2014
Enhancing Student Education
- 1 student from Edwards County is studying at KU Medical Center.
- 1 County physician serves as volunteer KU Medical Center faculty, providing medical students with hands-on training in rural and underserved communities as part of the Rural Preceptorship Program.
- Edwards County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Thomas Koksal, MD, a resident of Garden City, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 4 KU Medical Center graduates live and/or practice in Edwards County.
- 1 enrollment in KU Medical Center continuing education courses, conferences by an Edwards County health care professional in Fiscal Year 2014.
Advancing Health Care Access
- 53 Edwards County residents saw KU Medical Center health care providers via telemedicine, an interactive video technology that connects providers and patients when distance separates the two, in FY14. These services are provided through the University of Kansas Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth.
- Edwards County residents made 8 visits to KU Medical Center health care providers in outreach clinics held outside of Kansas City in FY14.
- Edwards County is served by KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Center (AHEC), which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Dec 19, 2014