Updated January 2013
Edwards County is served by the Southwest office of KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs) in Garden City, which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 1 student from Edwards County is currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Edwards County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Randall Fahrenholtz, MD, a resident of Tribune, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 4 KU Medical Center graduates live and/or practice in Edwards County.
- 25 health care professionals from Edwards County participated in KU Medical Center continuing education courses and conferences in 2012.
Advancing Health Care Access
- 97 Edwards County residents saw KU Medical Center health care providers via telemedicine, an interactive video technology that connects providers and patients when distance separates the two, in 2012. These services are provided through the University of Kansas Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth.
Feb 27, 2014