Last updated January 2013
Clark County is served by the Southwest office of KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs) in Garden City, which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 1 students from Clark County are currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Clark County is part of the Southwest Medical Education Network with Randall Fahrenholtz, MD, a resident of Tribune, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 3 KU Medical Center graduates live and/or practice in Clark County.
- 1 health care provider has been placed in Clark County since 2003 through the Kansas Recruitment and Retention Center, which provides placement assistance to rural health organizations and seeks to enhance the quality and quantity of health care professionals in rural Kansas.
- 16 health care professionals from Clark County participated in KU Medical Center continuing education courses and conferences in 2012.
May 23, 2013