Updated December 2015
- Anderson County is served by KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs), which serve the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 3 students from Anderson County are studying at KU Medical Center.
- Anderson County is part of the Eastern Medical Education Network with Robert Haskins, M.D., a resident of Pittsburg, serving as the medical education director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 36 KU Medical Center alumni live and/or practice in Anderson County.
- 1 health care provider has been placed in Anderson County since 2004 through the Kansas Recruitment and Retention Center, which provides placement assistance to rural health organizations and seeks to enhance the quality and quantity of health care professionals in rural Kansas.
- 1 Anderson County physician received funding through the Kansas Bridging Plan, a loan-forgiveness program offered since 1991 to primary care medical residents who agree to practice in rural Kansas.
- 7 enrollments in KU Medical Center continuing education/professional development courses and conferences by Anderson County health care professionals in Fiscal Year 2015. Continuing education programming is offered by KU Medical Center's Continuing Education and Professional Development and KU AHECs.
Advancing Health Care Access
- Anderson County residents saw KU Medical Center health care providers 18 times via telemedicine in FY15. An interactive video technology that connects providers and patients when distance separates the two, telemedicine services are provided through the University of Kansas Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth.
- More than 15 Anderson County residents took part in Midwest Cancer Alliance cancer prevention outreach screenings in FY15.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jan 29, 2016