Updated December 2015
- Harper County is served by KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs), which serve the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 3 students from Harper County are currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Harper County is part of the South-Central Medical Education Network with Greg Thomas, M.D., and Marla Ullom-Minnich, M.D., residents of McPherson and Moundridge, respectively, serving as the medical education directors. The directors help coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 4 KU Medical Center alumni live and/or practice in Harper County.
- 11 health care providers have been placed in Harper County since 2004 through the Kansas Recruitment and Retention Center, which provides placement assistance to rural health organizations and seeks to enhance the quality and quantity of health care professionals in rural Kansas.
- 1 Harper County health care employer exhibited with 2015 Kansas Career Opportunities, which is designed to introduce medical students, residents and other health care professionals to rural communities looking to hire.
- 2 enrollments in KU Medical Center continuing education/professional development courses and conferences by Harper County health care professionals in Fiscal Year 2015. Continuing education programming is offered by KU Medical Center's Continuing Education and Professional Development and KU AHECs.
Advancing Health Care Access
- Harper County residents saw KU Medical Center health care providers 57 times via telemedicine in FY15. An interactive video technology that connects providers and patients when distance separates the two, telemedicine services are provided through the University of Kansas Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jan 22, 2016