Updated August 2014
Ness County is served by the Northwest office of KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs) in Hays, which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 2 students from Ness County are currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Ness County is part of the Northwest Medical Education Network with Michael Machen, MD, a resident of Quinter, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 6 KU Medical Center graduates live and/or practice in Ness County.
- 1 Ness County physician received funding through the Kansas Bridging Plan, a loan-forgiveness program offered since 1991 to primary care medical residents who agree to practice in rural Kansas.
- 1 shift was covered by a temporary physician, which allowed a Ness County physician necessary time off in Fiscal Year 2014. This coverage was made via KU Medical Center's Kansas Locum Tenens and Kansas Medical Resource programs.
- 1 Ness County health care employer exhibited with 2013 Kansas Career Opportunities, which is designed to introduce medical students, residents and other health care professionals to rural communities looking to hire.
Advancing Health Care Access
- 1 Ness County resident made a visit to a KU Medical Center health care provider in an outreach clinic held outside of Kansas City in FY14.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Aug 14, 2014