Updated December 2014
- Morris County is served by KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Center (AHEC), which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 7 students from Morris County are currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- 1 Morris County physician serves as volunteer KU Medical Center faculty, providing medical students with hands-on training in rural and underserved communities as part of the Rural Preceptorship Program.
- Morris County is part of the Eastern Medical Education Network with Robert Haskins, MD, a resident of Pittsburg, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 15 KU Medical Center graduates live and/or practice in Morris County.
Advancing Health Care Access
- Morris County residents made 2 visits to KU Medical Center health care providers in outreach clinics held outside of Kansas City in Fiscal Year 2014.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jan 02, 2015