Updated December 2014
- Jewell County is served by KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Center (AHEC), which serves the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 1 student from Jewell County is currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Jewell County is part of the Northcentral Medical Education Network with Scott Owings, MD, a resident of Salina, serving as the Medical Education Director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 4 KU Medical Center graduates live and/or practice in Jewell County.
Advancing Health Care Access
- Jewell County residents made 3 visits to KU Medical Center health care providers in outreach clinics held outside of Kansas City in Fiscal Year 2014.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jan 02, 2015