Updated December 2015
- Jewell County is served by KU Medical Center's Area Health Education Centers (AHECs), which serve the state through student education initiatives, professional education for health care providers, health screenings, clinics and public presentations on health topics.
Enhancing Student Education
- 1 student from Jewell County is currently studying at KU Medical Center.
- Jewell County is part of the North-Central Medical Education Network with Scott Owings, M.D., a resident of Salina, serving as the medical education director. The medical education director helps coordinate the School of Medicine's efforts to mentor, train and place physicians throughout Kansas.
Strengthening the Health Care Workforce
- 4 KU Medical Center alumni live and/or practice in Jewell County.
- 3 enrollments in KU Medical Center continuing education/professional development courses and conferences by Jewell County health care professionals in Fiscal Year 2015. Continuing education programming is offered by KU Medical Center's Continuing Education and Professional Development and KU AHECs.
Are we forgetting anything?
Please fill out the form below with any information that we are missing for this county.
Jan 22, 2016