We host a variety of educational events in Kansas communities and provide support for health initiatives directed by Kansas communities.
Community sevice activities
- Center for American Indian Community Health — a program that develops and implements programs to close health disparities among American Indians in rates of cancer, diabetes, cigarette smoking, and other important health issues.
- Healthy Hawks — a comprehensive treatment program to help children, adolescents and their families overcome issues related to weight.
- Healthy Living Kansas — a research and outreach program dually focused on advancing cancer control and population health research and local and regional outreach efforts to support breast health.
- HIV Outreach Clinics — Providers and case managers travel to outreach treatment sites in Garden City, Salina and Pittsburg every six to eight weeks to serve the needs of HIV-positive individuals living in rural Kansas.
- JUNTOS: Center for Advancing Latino Health — Juntos seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge to eliminate health disparities in the under-served Latino communities in Kansas.
- KU Asthma Center — The center offers educational programs for community organizations in order to have a positive impact on preventing the burden of asthma.
- KU Integrative Medicine — They combine the best therapies from conventional medicine with our integrative medicine approach, to form a comprehensive system of biomedical care.
- Landon Center on Aging — The center is committed to improving the quality of life in older adults and the people who care for them.
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science — Its Silver City Health Center is a local clinic offering primary health care and health education to English and Spanish-speaking residents of Wyandotte and Johnson counties.
- Project Eagle — The program manages multiple home-based and center-based early childhood education and comprehensive family support programs in Wyandotte County.
Opportunities for Kansas high school students
- Night @ the Lab
- Journeys & Destinations
- Women in Health Care: The Next Generation
- Health Careers Pathway Programs
- Science Education Partnership Award Programs
- Girls Night Out
Last modified: Jul 26, 2018