Rural Kansas Photography Contest Rules and Terms
The 2013 Rural Kansas Photography Contest is presented by the University of Kansas Medical Center, Rural Health Education and Services (RHES). The purpose is to work with Kansans across the state to produce a collection of photographs to help promote Kansas as a great place for health care providers to live, work, and play.
Entry form and upload will be available closer to contest start date.
Contest Rules, Terms, and Conditions,
- The 2013 Rural Kansas Photography Contest runs from September 2, 2013 to November 4, 2013. Entry forms and photographs must be received by RHES no later than November 4, 2013. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The contest is open to Kansas residents 18 years of age or older and individuals who work in Kansas but live in another state who are over the age of 18.
- Photographs must be taken in the State of Kansas.
- Photographers may enter up to four photographs in each category.
- Photographers are responsible for getting subjects permission before submitting the photograph for the contest.
- Photographs must be submitted in digital format.
- Digital images (.jpg, .jpeg or .gif format).
- Photographs must be at least 300 dpi (resolution). There is a 4 MB maximum per image.
- Previously entered photographs may be disqualified.
- A complete contest entry form must accompany the photo submissions. Only entries with complete, accurate and legible information will be considered eligible.
- RHES is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed or misdirected entries or for miscommunications, misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human or electronic.
- Photographer retains all copyright privileges for submitted photographs. Photographer grants unlimited, nonexclusive use license to RHES. RHES reserves the right to use the photographs in printed materials and by electronic means in the promotion of rural Kansas and RHES programs.
- Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
- By entering, participants release and hold harmless the University of Kansas and RHES, as well as any directors or employees of the department.
- Community Landmarks - From historic venues to new additions — landmarks that tell the story of communities both past and present. Discover beautiful landmarks from rural areas to small towns to the big cities.
- Four Seasons - Showcase the beautiful landscape of the seasons in Kansas (e.g., icy covered trees, spring blooms, summer sunsets, fall leaves).
- Winter Wonderland - One of the winter scenes from the Four Seasons category will be selected for the RHES annual holiday card.
- Health Care - Here's why Kansas is a great place for health care providers to work (e.g., health care setting, first responders, wellness and awareness events, health care staff working or having a good time).
- Heartland Adventures - Capture the spirit and adventures of the heartland (e.g., memorial runs/walks, athletic events, parades, festivals, rodeos, pep rallies, ice cream socials, carnivals, cookouts, ceremonies, hiking, biking, water skiing, camping, farming, fishing, hunting).
- Wildlife and Critters - Anything fuzzy, furry, creepy or crawly (e.g., beloved pets, birds, insects, butterflies, cattle, horses, deer, frogs).
Final voting will take place on National Rural Health Day (Nov. 21, 2013). Winners will be notified and an announcement will be made no later than Monday, December 2. Prizes are awarded to the top two winning photographers in each category. Winning photos will be published in Kansas Connections newsletter and displayed on the RHES website. Winners will receive a copy of Kansas Connections newsletter and a variety of University of Kansas/University of Kansas Medical Center themed items.
Aug 26, 2013