Join us at KCO this fall in Wichita or Kansas City and find out why health care providers are "falling in love with the rural side of Kansas."
Online KCO Kansas City PARTICIPANT registration is OPEN
KCO Wichita has passed. Please register for our Kansas City event.
Don't miss your opportunity to visit one-on-one with health care employers from across Kansas at the 22nd Kansas Career Opportunities (KCO).
Representatives from more than 30 health care employers attend KCO in hopes of recruiting the most talented health care professionals in Kansas.
KCO provides a chance to:
KCO - Wichita, Tuesday, September 27, 2016 Agenda
KCO - Kansas City, Wednesday, October 5, 2016 Agenda
Click ( + ) to show answers
KCO Wichita, Tuesday, September 27, 2016
University of Kansas School of Medicine
1010 N. Kansas
Directions to the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita: https://goo.gl/maps/sLJhBJsiCPr
KCO Kansas City, Wednesday, October 5, 2016
University of Kansas Medical Center
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS
Directions to KUMC Campus: http://www.kumc.edu/about-us/directions-to-kumc.html
KUMC Campus map: http://www.kumc.edu/about-us/kumc-auditoriums-and-meeting-locations.html
Even if you will not be practicing for several years, there are several reasons why KCO may still be for you:
• Receive information from national and state loan forgiveness programs.
• Network with future colleagues and administrators.
• Discover the wide range of practice options Kansas communities offer.
• Talk with exhibitors about providing Locum Tenens temporary coverage for them and make extra money during residency.
• Scope out what kind of physician specialties Kansas communities are projecting they will need.
• Get the inside scoop on what it's like to practice in rural Kansas at the panel presentation at 3 p.m.
• How far in advance are employers willing to sign physicians?
• Do they take part in loan forgiveness or repayment programs?
• Do they hire residents to provide temporary coverage (a.k.a. moonlighting) through the Kansas Locum Tenens program?
(Residents can earn extra money and gain valuable experience working in various facilities.)
• What is their patient population?
• What services are available at their hospital?
Dress is business professional unless you have just finished clinic, in which case scrubs are acceptable.
Bring a copy of your CV/Resume and a list of questions that you would like to ask exhibitors.
To win prizes simply visit at least 8 different exhibitors and have them initial your form. There will be a variety of wonderful prizes from local business. Individual exhibitors may also have giveaways.
KCO is free to all attendees!
Kansas City KCO
Pizza will be provided
Heavy h'ordeuvres will be provided
Most exhibitors attend both career fairs so it is not necessary to attend both unless you would like more time with exhibitors.
Yes, we do not share your contact information with exhibitors or any third parties.
When registration has been completed online it makes check-in at KCO faster and there will be a pre-printed nametag and labels with your contact information to give to exhibitors.