Skip to main content

Temporary Coverage in Kansas

Physician Temporary Coverage in Kansas

Temporary coverage opportunities available for general surgery, psychiatry, radiation oncology, anesthesiology, obstetrics/gynecology, family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, and other health care specialties.

Become a Provider

Physicians interested in providing temporary medical coverage must have a full license issued by the Kansas Board of Healing Arts, a DEA Certificate and malpractice insurance. Each provider must agree to a complete background check.

For KU resident physicians interested in providing temporary coverage, residents must also have completed one year of residency training and have residency program director's authorization to provide services. Financial funding for malpractice insurance may be covered for KU resident physicians.

To register as a temporary coverage provider, please complete the appropriate form below:

Practicing Physician Form

KU Faculty Profile Form

KU Resident Profile Form  

Request Service

To participate in temporary coverage and receive medical coverage, employers must complete a Service Order Form. Once this is complete, Andrea Ellis will contact you regarding your contract and fee (if applicable). Please submit the form six weeks in advance of the date the service is needed.

For more information, contact Andrea Ellis, or call 1.888.503.4221.

Last modified: Sep 11, 2018