ECHO Series: Substance Use Disorders 2020
Substance Use Disorders 2020: Assessment, Treatment and Kansas Resources TeleECHO
(This session was previously known as KDHE Opioid Cohort 2.)
This TeleECHO series reviews SUD treatment options, addresses treating co-morbid psychiatric disorders, highlights available State of Kansas SUD resources, and introduces methods for implementing SUD screening.
At the conclusion of this series participants should be able to:
- Describe screening processes for early identification of substance use disorders (SUD), SUD diagnostic criteria, and the processes for intervention and referral to treatment.
- Discuss SUD treatment modalities and develop patient-centric approaches to treatment, including strategies for treating patients with co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Explain stigma and how it affects access to treatment.
- Identify State of Kansas resources for SUD services.
This series is open to: Physicians, advance practice providers, nursing professionals, and behavioral health providers.
TeleECHO Sessions will be held on Thursdays from July 2 to July 30, 12:00 pm till 1:00 pm CT via free web-based Zoom video conferencing platform.
|REQUEST FOR CASE STUDIES: If you have a patient case you would be interested in presenting during any of the sessions please complete the form at https://bit.ly/SUD2020Case.|
July 02, 2020
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): Reviewing the Treatment Model
- Roopi Sethi, MD, KU Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
July 09, 2020
SUD and the Emergency Department: Common Presentations and Referral Strategies
- Tony Rianprakaisang, MD, KU Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine
July 16, 2020
Facing Challenges: Mental Illness and OUD
- Teresa D. Long, MD, KU Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
July 23, 2020
Creating an Environment for SUD Screening: Let's Start Talking About It!
- Christina Boyd, LSCSW, LCAC, KU School of Social Welfare, Hope and Wellness Resources
July 30, 2020
Substance Use Disorder Resources: Up-to-date Information for Kansas Providers
- Krista Machado, MS, DCCCA