Senior Coordinator, Project ECHO
KU Project ECHO
Current ECHO Series
The KU Project ECHO team is hard at work on the next series. Check back soon!
Video: Dr. Melanie Simpson - How does Project ECHO offer me professional connections?
What is Project ECHO®
Project ECHO® (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) offers lifelong learning and guided practice model that revolutionizes education and increases workforce capacity. Using free web-based video conferencing technology, participants connect with a webcam and microphone, a table, or a smartphone - from their workplace. This linkage creates a virtual learning collaborative made up of an interdisciplinary team sharing their best-practice expertise and mentoring with participants in different locations. Have you joined our ECHO?
Video: Dr. Melanie Simpson - Should I participate in Project ECHO?
- Acquire new knowledge and expands capacity
- Democratize and de-monopolize medical knowledge linking interdisciplinary specialty teams with multiple primary care clinics
- Access to Interprofessional specialists for mentoring across a virtual network
Moving Knowledge, Not Patients
- Better access for patients in rural and underserved communities
- Care at the right place, given in the right time
- Reduces treatment disparities
Video: Shane Hudson shares his experience with Project ECHO. Shane has been the sponsor of our Opioid Addiction and Opioid Use Disorder ECHOs, and he is the President and CEO of CKF Addiction Treatment.
Making Geography Irrelevant