Military and Veteran Honor Cords
KU Medical Center honors those who serve or have honorably served in the U.S. Armed Forces with Military and Veteran Honor Cords to wear at graduation.
These red, white and blue cords are a special recognition to show KU Medical Center's gratitude and respect for the men and women who have made an unwavering commitment to both their nation and their academic studies.
This is a voluntary program. Students and faculty attending graduation must apply and pick up a cord. Cords will be provided at no cost to eligible students and faculty in the spring.
Sign up to receive notification on cord distribution dates
- If you are an eligible student planning on graduating next spring, be sure to fill out our military-connected self-identification form so we can keep you informed.
If you have applied for graduation and are one of the following:
- Honorably discharged veteran student
- Currently serving military student (Active, Guard, Reserves)
What we need to verify status
- DD-214 or valid military ID card
Where/when to pick up cords
- Cord pick-up locations beginning April 27, 2015 (pick up during business hours):
- Kansas City — Communications/Public Affairs Office, 1005 Murphy
- In Wichita — Adcademic and Student Affairs
- Stop by the Communications office in Kansas City (1005 Murphy) or Academic & Student Affairs office in Wichita; call (913) 588-2695 or email email@example.com
Apr 08, 2015