To Apply for the KEE Program...
- Access the online portion of the application by clicking the Apply Now button on the left of this webpage. The online "survey" is only the first of several application requirements.
- Complete the online "survey."
- Review the KEE Program Privacy and Confidentiality Training (click on the link located on page two of the online application)
- Take the KEE Program Privacy and Confidentiality Training Quiz located on page two of the online application. You must successfully complete the quiz before you can submit your application.
- Submit your online application.
- The KEE Information Packet will include a privacy and confidentiality agreement, a participation and release attestation (there are separate versions for minors and adults), an infection control attestation (clinical observational experiences only), a section to record health insurance information, and an immunization and TB screening form your primary healthcare provider will need to complete.
- Those requesting research experiences do not need to provide immunization and TB screening information unless you will have contact with patient populations or will work in a lab with animals.
- Those requesting clinical observational (shadowing) experiences do not need to complete the immunization and TB screening form. Must be able to provide proof of immunization and TB if asked.
- For Research Learners only: request and pass a background check from our vendor, Validity Screening Solutions. The cost is $38. Background checks from Validity are required for all KEE program participants age 18 years or older except:
If you have had a criminal background check within the last 12 months and you can provide documentation to prove it.
- We will email those applying for research experiences instructions on how to request a background check.
- Validity usually takes 24-48 hours to complete a background check.
- Once we determine that your application is complete/approved, we will notify you via email. We will also attach a completed KEE Program ID Badge Form to the email. All you need to do is print the form and take it to the ID Badge Office located on the ground floor of the Delp Pavilion (Room G060).
Other Important Information
- During busy times of the year (April-June and October-December), it may take up to 30 days for us to process your application. Plan ahead and request a reasonable start and end date
- Please complete your application in a timely fashion. The onus is on you to complete the application! We will not contact you to ask for missing paperwork. If you do not receive an email notifying you that you have completed all the requirements you probably still have things to do!
- Research active learners are required to complete KUMC Safety Training and the accompanying quiz. We will email the training/quiz to you once we have confirmed your sponsor's willingness to work with you. Additional compliance training and acknowledgment is also required and will be sent to you upon approval.
Last modified: May 29, 2019