Interested in a KUMC Educational Experience?
Contact us at:
Note: KUMC network credentials required to login. Please contact us for more information.
The University of Kansas Medical Center Educational Experience (KEE) program provides both research opportunities in KU's laboratories, research areas, and animal facilities as well as clinical observational experiences in University of Kansas Health System facilities.
While we administer both research and clinical experiences, the two types of experiences differ significantly.
- Provide University of Kansas Medical Center visitors with two options with respect to research activity in KU laboratories, research areas, or animal facilities. They can...
- Observe research...no hands-on activity allowed
- Participate in research as an active learner...hands on activity is authorized
- Are not open to University of Kansas Medical Center employees or students
- Are non-curricular, meaning they cannot be accomplished for academic credit
- Are educational activities without monetary or material compensation
- Can last up to four months (one semester or one summer)
- Provide applicants the opportunity to "shadow" professionals from the University of Kansas Health System (the University of Kansas Hospital, KU HealthPartners, Inc., and the University of Kansas Physicians) in a clinical setting
- Are available to University of Kansas Medical Center employees and students as well as KU Health System employees
- Are observational only...no-hands on activity is allowed
- Cannot be accomplished for academic credit
- Are limited to 40 hours