|Like us on Facebook|
|Follow us on Twitter|
Journeys & Destinations
Interested in a career in health care, but don't know what exact profession you want to pursue? You can narrow down your search by attending Journeys & Destinations.
In this day-long event, high school students spend time with health care professionals from a wide range of disciplines in a small group setting. Students learn from a variety of health care professionals about their career path, salary potential, and daily activities. In the past, Journeys & Destinations has featured presenters who are family physicians, athletic trainers, medical technologists, medical forensic scientist, veterinarians, pharmacists, and occupational therapists.
Journeys & Destinations is a great way for students to find their perfect fit among the many different careers in health care.
Journeys & Destinations guidelines:
- 100 to 150 students attend.
- 10 to 14 presenters.
- Event runs from 8:30 a.m. - 1:50 p.m.
- One keynote speaker presents in the morning prior to breakout sessions.
- Cost: $5 per student.
- Schools will be limited in the number and grades of students that can attend.
- If a school is not registered by the deadline, spots will be released to additional students from other schools.
- Forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every student receives an individual agenda. A student's preference in professions will be considered, but sessions will be scheduled to have approximately equal numbers.
- Photo release forms must be completed along with registration and liability forms.