Information for Faculty and Staff
The Institute for Community Engagement supports engaged scholarship. Engaged scholarship is practical work with community partners beyond our walls that propel communities and academia forward. Engaged scholarship advances KU Medical Center's mission: it is a mode of teaching, a method of research, an approach to clinical care and a form of service.
We direct many initiatives, and provide collaborative resources to faculty and staff for relationship building, grant and research assistance and communications support.
There are a variety of ways to work with the Institute. We can:
- Help establish contact with a community
- Support research efforts in the field by providing in-place assistance with recruitment, participant requirement, data collection, community engagement
- Disseminate research results to community members
- Provide community assessments, identification of key communicators and background information about the community
- Assist with obtaining letters of support
- Assist with connecting to a community through interactive televideo
- Assist with the development of grant proposals and implementation plans
- Provide a variety of continuing education/professional development opportunities (KU Medical Center Continuing Education and Professional Development and KU Area Health Education Centers)
- Offer Kansas Locum Tenens and Kansas Medical Resource opportunities for eligibile health care providers
To learn more, contact us today.
Share your community story
Whether you are a KU Medical Center affiliate working in communities to improve health or part of a community that's worked with KU Medical Center, we want to hear how your work is improving the health of communities in Kansas and across the globe. Contact us today.