Masons host free cancer screenings across Kansas
September 20, 2018
The Kansas Masonic Foundation and local Masonic Lodges are partnering with health professionals from University of Kansas Medical Center and staff from the Midwest Cancer Alliance (MCA) to provide free cancer screening services that include:
- Skin cancer screenings
- Prostate cancer screenings
- Screen-to-Save colon cancer home screening kits
- Facial sun damage and body mass index assessments
- Bone density tests
According to Brooke Groneman, the outreach director for MCA, nearly 8,000 Kansas residents have attended the Masonic screenings since 2003. The Kansas Masonic Foundation (KMF) is hosting 20 free cancer screenings throughout Kansas in 2018. For more information call 913-588-4719 or visit the Midwest Cancer Alliance website.
The following screenings are coming up:
- Saturday, 9/15, Louisburg, Kansas, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., contact Larry Bond at 913-755-8148 for more info.
- Saturday, 9/22, Alta Vista, Kansas, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., contact Alex Bolinder at 785-466-0166 for more info.
- Saturday, 9/29, Goodland, Kansas, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Mountain time), contact Jim Alcorn at 785-821-2804 for more info.
- Saturday, 10/6, Fort Scott, Kansas, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., contact Don Wheeler at 620-215-0346 for more info.
- Saturday, 10/13, Yates Center, Kansas, 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., contact Don Newman at 620-496-5205 for more info.