KU Medical Center Continuing Education: Our Mission
Pioneering educational process to develop and deliver education that makes a positive difference in practice and patient outcomes
- We provide continuing education directly related to the top practice concerns of Kansas physicians. Recently, we conducted two statewide surveys and several focus groups with Kansas physicians and health care providers. Topics explored included the top practice concerns and the ways Kansas health care providers prefer to receive continuing education.
- We are leading two major, on-going statewide initiatives: diabetes and sepsis. Both initiatives use multifaceted, evidence-based educational methodologies to improve practice performance and patient outcomes while at the same time receiving quality improvement CME credits.
- We are a nationally-accredited provider of Continuing Medical Education.
- We have provided continuing medical education for more than 100 years, beginning in 1911, when the KU School of Medicine and the Kansas State Board of Health worked together to host an annual, five-day school for health officers and physicians.
- We understand today’s interprofessional system for delivery of care. For more than 65 years, we have been providing multidisciplinary education, with a growing emphasis on team-based medicine.
Sep 15, 2015