UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS MEDICAL CENTER GUIDELINES
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS - PROMOTING FUNDRAISERS
Fundraising is important and necessary for the university, and these types of events are especially important to the requesting individuals, departments, students, etc. In an attempt to manage the number of times we ask our faculty and staff to donate and/or support a cause, the Office of Communications will follow the below EVC-approved guidelines when promoting fundraising types of events.
- The Office of Communications will only help promote events where 100 percent of the proceeds benefit KU Medical Center. No third-party events will be promoted. The frequency and timeline will be determined by Communications.
- The university will focus on two main fundraising events: United Way and KU Endowment's Employee Giving Campaigns.
- No event, even if 100 percent of the proceeds benefit KU Medical Center, will be promoted around the United Way or KU Endowment's Employee Giving Campaigns.
- Communications will promote up to four fundraising events (that meet criteria) per year per organization/group.
- Student-run fundraisers will be handled the same way. Only events where 100 percent of the proceeds benefit KUMC will be promoted, only four student-run fundraisers will be promoted per year, and no fundraiser will be promoted during United Way and KU Endowment's Employee Giving Campaigns.
Promoting your fundraiser
- You may post the event on the events calendar here.
- You may create fliers to be placed on the bulletin boards.
- On the hospital side, take 35 fliers to the hospital's valet desk by 4 p.m. on Wednesdays. Fliers are posted on Thursdays.
- On the university side, you may post the fliers yourself or drop off at the Office of Student Life, G005 Orr Major. The fundraiser must benefit KU Medical Center to post on the university bulletin boards.
- You may use social media. If you would like your event considered for inclusion on KU Medical Center's official Facebook and Twitter sites, please contact the social media manager in the Office of Communications.
Promoting events for participation only
- The Office of Communications will help promote joint events with The University of Kansas Hospital and The University of Kansas Physicians that ask for participation only (e.g. Christmas in October, Heart Walk, etc.). The frequency and timeline will be determined by Communications.
Dec 10, 2014