Why is IPE important for students?
- 80% of serious medical errors occur as a result of miscommunication between caregivers (The Joint Commission, 2012).
- Get to know individuals from other professions on campus and who you will someday work with.
- Improve teamwork, collaboration, and communication both now and in the future
- Facilitate an understanding of roles of other healthcare team members.
- Develop a greater appreciation for one's own professional identity as it relates to the professional identity of other disciplines.
- Increase your knowledge of clinical practice by working alongside and learning with, about, and from individuals in other disciplines.
***Joint Commission. (2012), Joint Commission Perspectives, 32(8).
Last modified: Oct 01, 2020