Center for Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research > Get Connected!
At KU Medical Center
CIPER Speaker's Bureau
Work with a member of our Curriculum Committee to learn more about CIPER Planning Committees, developing new programs or working with IPE colleagues. Contact Serra Goodman at email@example.com for additional information.
Foundations of Interprofessional Collaboration (FIPC) Faculty Participation
This foundational IPE program involves all professional programs' students. One of the key factors associated with the success of this program are the faculty, staff and others who co-facilitate small classrooms of students during this program's annual events. These facilitators are trained prior to the events, have the opportunity to become a TeamSTEPPS® Coach, receive student feedback after the event related to their facilitation skills, and receive a letter of appreciation after the event. It is a great opportunity to be a part of training students to become collaborative practice-ready healthcare workers and to demonstrate collaboration with colleagues from other programs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more or facilitating a future FIPC event.
CIPER Interprofessional Preceptor Summit
The summit consists of interactive professional development opportunities to learn more about intentionally offering interprofessional education and collaborative practice opportunities in "real world" practice environments. For many, enhancing the team-based care that you are already involved with and meaningfully engaging the learners in this work is all that is needed to have a positive impact on their training. By engaging in this professional development and providing these experiences for learners, participants had the ability to enhance patient care experiences, their satisfaction as a preceptor and ultimately engage interprofessional learners in "value-added" benefits to their practice.
- Discuss the key concepts of intentional interprofessional education and practice for learners in authentic practice settings.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing interprofessional education in your practice setting.
- Develop an approach to debriefing and/or providing feedback about interprofessional collaboration to support and enrich the interprofessional practice for learners.
Beyond KU Medical Center
- Connect to the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education: https://nexusipe.org/connecting
- Connect to the American Interprofessional Health Collaborative (membership information): https://aihc-us.org/membership