Interprofessional Education (IPE) Teaching Series: Developing Teaching Skills for Interprofessional Environments
KUMC Center for Interprofessional Education and Simulation (CIPES) is sponsoried an IPE Teaching Series. This series was designed for:
(1) Incresing Interprofessional competencies
(2) Sharing knowledge on Interprofessional instructional design
(3) Demonstrating Interprofessional delivery/curricular models
(4) Enhancing Interprofessional group facilitation skills
(5) Reviewing important tips for Interprofessional precepting
(6) Exploring methods of assessment for interprofessional education
Teaching Series Objectives:
1. Identify opportunities for developing IPE experiences
2. Describe possible delivery methods for IPE
3. Develop basic group facilitation skills to be used with IP learners
4. Develop basic interprofessional precepting to be used with teams of IP learners
5. Compare and contrast evaluation/assessment methods for IPE
6. Apply concepts of instructional design and national competencies to develop an IPE experience
These Events have all taken place but feel free to preview them through the Camtasia links below:
August 22nd Session 1: There is No "I" in Team!
Introduction to Interprofessional Education and Practice and Application of Teaching Methods
Resources from Session 1: IPE Resource Links, Methods to Madness Game access and Camtasia Link
September 19th Session 2: The Recipe for Success...IPE Instructional Design
Apply instructional design principles to develop an IPE activity
Resources for Session 2: Instructional Design Template and Camtasia Link
October 3rd Session 3: Student "Shark Tank"
Student perceptions of IPE and feedback from the student "shark tank"
Resources for Session 3: Camtasia Link. Please adjust the sound to hear audience questions from the session.
November 7th Session 5: Precepting for the 21st Century
Enhance precepting skills for interprofessional student teams
Resources for Session 5: Camtasia Link
November 21st Session 6: Did Someone Say Promotion and Tenure??!
Apply evaluation and assessment strategies to IPE activities to promote scholarship of IPE
Resources for Session 6: Camtasia Link
December 12th Session 7: Repeat of Student Shark Tank
Students provide additional feedback to faculty about new IPE plans in a "shark tank" style.
To register please contact Kristy Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 30, 2013.