Conference Travel Funds
The Center for American Indian Community Health (CAICH) is pleased to provide funding opportunities for Center members who would like to travel to conferences to present American Indian focused research or to conferences focused on American Indian issues. Funds are designed to be used to defray costs associated with travel to academic conferences, but community conferences will be considered. Requests for conference travel funds are reviewed on a rolling basis by the CAICH Executive Committee; decisions are typically made within one month of submission.
- Must be a CAICH member (associate or full).
- Must hold a faculty or staff position at KUMC (graduate student positions are acceptable).
- Preference will be given to individuals with accepted presentations from American Indian focused research.
- Applications are reviewed by the CAICH Executive Committee, made up of Core Directors and Assistant Directors, as they are submitted. Decisions will typically be made within one month.
- You will be asked to provide information about the conference, travel dates, and presentation (if applicable).
- Up to $1000 may be requested.
- Acceptable expenses include conference registration, airfare, hotel, and per diem. Some expenses are reimbursed, as per KUMC policy.
- Interested individuals should submit our on-line application, located here.
Aug 01, 2017