The Center for American Indian Community Health (CAICH) is pleased to provide funding opportunities to defray the cost of publication for Center members who are trying to publish American Indian focused research in academic journals with a publication fee. Requests for publication fee funds are reviewed on a rolling basis by the CAICH Executive Committee; decisions are typically made within one month of submission.
- Must be a CAICH member (associate or full).
- Must hold a faculty or staff position at KUMC (graduate student positions are acceptable).
- Must show proof of acceptance of manuscript for publication.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have never before published American Indian focused research.
- Preference will be given to individuals who do not currently hold external research grants that could be used to pay publication fees.
- Applications are reviewed by the CAICH Executive Committee, made up of Core Directors and Assistant Directors, as they are submitted. Decisions will typically be made within one month.
- You will be asked to provide a copy of the manuscript, the acceptance letter, and documentation of the journal’s fee structure.
- Up to $1000 may be requested.
- Interested individuals should submit our on-line application, located here.
Jul 26, 2018