Overview of Information for Researchers
The Center for American Indian Community Health (CAICH) provides several services for researchers who want to work with American Indians:
- Core Services: CAICH has several Core Resources for members, including administrative,community engagement, education, environmental health, methods and law and policy. We also provide research training and educational support for research studies with American Indian communities.
- Project Registration: CAICH requires research projects originating at the University of Kansas Medical Center and involving American Indian participants to register with the Cultural Review and Monitoring Committee. This is set up in conjunction with the KUMC Human Subjects Committee.
- Data-Sharing Request: Researchers and community organizations or tribes can request access to our data.
- Cultural Training: CAICH aims to provide monthly trainings about American Indian culture for center members. Researchers can also request a cultural training to assist their team in the research process.
- In-Service Training: CAICH aims to provide monthly in-service trainings for center members focused on methods and scientific content. Researchers can request an in-service training to aid in their research projects.
Mar 22, 2016