- Clinical doctorate or Ph.D. equivalent
- Completion of postgraduate training required for a faculty appointment
- At the time of application, no more than six years of research training experience beyond their doctoral degree
- A faculty appointment in the School of Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing or Pharmacy
- Commitment of salary support, laboratory space, research start-up package, and 75% protected effort towards women's health research from an appropriate School or Research Institute
- The Department, School, Research Center, and/or Research Institute is expected, when necessary, to supplement the BIRCWH salary contribution to a level that is consistent with the KUMC salary scale. Institutional supplementation of a salary will not include duties or responsibilities that would interfere with the BIRCWH Program. This agreement is needed to ensure that the IWHR Scholar has a salary consistent with salaries for other junior faculty in his/her department.
- The incoming IWHR Scholar cannot be or have been a PD/PI on an Ro1, R29 or subproject of a Program Project, Center grant, independent mentored career development (K-series) grants or other equivalent research grant from PHS; except for R03 and R21. Scholars may be allowed concurrent salary support only while in the last two years when in compliance with NIH Policy Notice (NOT-OD-04-007).
- The IWHR Scholar must be a United States citizen or non-citizen national, or have legal admission into the United States as a permanent citizen.
Sep 25, 2012