Alumni Information Policy
Policy Regarding Use and Release of Alumni/ae Contact Information
This policy relates to all information about alumni of the University of Kansas Medical Center. The Office of Alumni & Community Relations is responsible for the use and release of alumni contact information on the KU Medical Center campus. The information must not be given, sold, traded, exchanged, etc., to people or institutions not affiliated with the University of Kansas.
Alumni information will not be released except as permitted under this policy or as required by law.
DEFINITION OF ALUMNI INFORMATION
Alumni information is defined as the name, any addresses, telephone numbers or any other information pertaining to an alumnus of the University of Kansas Medical Center, which is gathered after the individual is no longer enrolled as a student.
ACCESS AND USE OF ALUMNI INFORMATION
Alumni information shall be used for alumni relations purposes and academic purposes. Only University employees who have a need to know in order to perform an authorized University function or activity may have direct access alumni information.
- The Office of Alumni & Community Relations may also release information to volunteers they designate to use information for such purposes as: planning reunions and volunteer recruitment.
- Volunteers must agree to use the information in the appropriate manner for its authorized function or activity only. Volunteers indicate their understanding and responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of the information by completing the section below.
- The Office of Alumni & Community Relations may also release information to University of Kansas Medical Center department chairs or their designee for such purposes as: post graduate surveys, department updates, recruitment and the like.
- Department chairs or their designee must agree to use and distribute the information in the appropriate manner for its authorized function or activity only to maintain the confidentiality of the information.
RELEASE OF ALUMNI INFORMATION TO CLASSMATES OR COLLEAGUES
The Office of Alumni & Community Relations will perform the following functions with respect to requests for individual alumni information.
- Alumni & Community Relations staff will forward requests from an alumnus or alumna seeking the contact information of other alumni. If the alumnus or alumna consents to release their information, only then will the information will be shared with the alumnus or alumna making the request.