Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- Professional and Career Development Archive- recordings and materials from past professional and career development events
- Postdoc Press- quartlery postdoctoral newsletter
- Postdoc Listserv- this is a subscription based listserv, frequently used to share career opportunities, funding announcement and other information
- Postdoctoral Advisory Committee- a committee of faculty, administrators and postdoctoral scholars that advises and supports the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- Postdoctoral Certificate Request- after completing a postdoctoral appointment, scholars may request an official certificate
- Office of Postdoctoral Affairs Events- upcoming training, professional development and social opportunities
- Excellence in Postdoctoral Scholarship Awards- recongizes the promise and contribution of postdoctoral scholars
- 2014-2015 Postdoctoral Affairs Annual Report- a look at progress made over the 2014-2015 year
- 2015 Annual Postdoctoral Survey Report- comparing data from the 2014 and 2015 annual survey of postdoctoral scholars
- Postdoctoral Handbook- please note the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is currently working on an updated handbook; please contact the office with questions or to verify correct information
University of Kansas Medical Center
- Trainee Workshop Handouts & Presentations
- NIH Research Training & Research Career Development
- NIH Training Center
Useful Links and Resources
- National Postdoctoral Association- National non-profit organization working to provide a voice and seeking positive change for postdoctoral scholars. KUMC is a sustaining member of NPA and as such, all postdoctoral scholars are entitled to a free affiliate membership.
- PubMed- PubMed comprises more than 24 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites
- Science Next Wave- Career development resource for scientists with extensive information for postdocs
- AAMC Compact Between Postdoctoral Scholars and Mentors- a resource for starting a converstation between postdoctoral scholars and their mentors
- Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly work in Medical Journals- From the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors
- Authorship: An Evolving Concept- From Wolters Kluwer, looks at the history, as well as current and future trends in scientific and medical publishing.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Postdoctoral Scholars at the University of Kansas Medical Center may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Through the PLSF Program, individuals who work full-time in public service jobs- including those who work for federal, state, or local government agencies or not-for-profit organizations, and make 120 full, on-time, scheduled monthly payments may apply for forgiveness of the remaining balance on those loans, while employed full time by public service employers. Visit the Federal Student Aid website.