LP-6 Performance Check Student____Date____Eval____Grade____
Total points 24
1. What type of drive mechanism does this vent have?
1. Rotary driven piston
2. Mandatory breaths have what type of flow waveform in A/C and SIMV?
3. Mandatory breaths have what type of flow waveform in Pressure Limited mode?
1. Sine (Every mode is a sine wave: the 2800 is a perfect descending ramp)
4. In Pressure Limited mode, will inspiration end when the airway pressure equals the High Pressure Alarm setting?
5. What is the primary patient disconnect alarm in A/C mode?
1. Low Inspiratory Pressure
6. Will inspiration end in A/C or SIMV mode when the airway pressure equals the High Pressure alarm?
7. When will the apnea alarm activate in SIMV?
1. After 10 - 15 seconds of no patient effort when SIMV rate is < 6 BPM.
8. Then what happens when the apnea alarm is activated?
1. Backup ventilation occurs at a rate of 10 BPM at the same tidal volume and inspiratory time.
9. What is the I:E ratio when the inspiratory time is 1.7 seconds and the respiratory rate is 12?
10. For a 70 kg patient at a rate of 10 BPM, what inspiratory time do you set to get an I:E ratio of 1:4?
1. 1.2 sec
11. How do you set the pressure limit?
1. Max HPL. Block pt wye. See what happens.
12. How do you check the battery condition?
1. Hold down the Battery Test button.
13. How long do you have to recharge the battery?
1. 2 hours of charge for every hour of use.
14. What are the three possible power sources? (3 pt)
1. 120v AC
2. 12v DC internal battery
3. 12v DC external battery (marine cell)
15. Is there an alarm when the power source switches from AC to internal battery?
1. Yes, Power Switch beeps until you Alarm Reset it.
16. When does the Low Power light come on?
1. When there's < 10 volts left.
17. Can you provide PEEP with the LP-6?
1. Yes with PEEP valve added to exhalation valve. It's better if a non-disposable exhalation valve is used. PEEP valve can be placed distal to exhalation valve. Otherwise, if disposable exhalation valve used, PEEP may unseat exhalation valve and cause a loss of tidal volume. This is because EV is pressurized by airway pressure. PEEP valve should be proximal of exhalation valve if disposable EV used.
18. Is the sensitivity PEEP compensated?
19. How do you provide supplemental oxygen? (2 pt)
1. At FIO2 < 40%, tee oxygen into circuit between ventilator and humidifier.
2. If 40% or more, attach reservoir bag and oxygen to piston intake valve filter on the back.
20. How do you know how much oxygen to add? (2 pt)
1. Vt set = Vt desired(1-FIO2)
2. LPM = (Vt desired - Vt set)RR