Down to the Wire and Beyond
Those who choose to live on the edge should note that:
- Many larger meetings will have computers available for modifying posters. These facilities are, however, usually crowded.
- There are always photo supply stores near the meeting which will sell you poster materials.
- If you are unfamiliar with the city, ask the hotel concierge for local businesses which might be able to help. Remember to tip!
- Many hotels will have photocopy and Fax machines for guest use, and telecommunication ports in the hotel rooms.
- The world of portable computers and the Internet offers interesting possibilities for a graceful recovery. Leave your poster on a server and you can access it from a remote site.
- Before you leave for the trip, make a final backup copy & leave the disk in an obvious place. That way, you can have someone who has stayed behind print portions of the poster and fax then to you.
REVIEW the pages about Illustrations, Editing Visuals or Posters and Time Management, or RETURN to the Main Menu page.