The most important parts of the title banner, the title itself and the poster session number, should be readable from about 25 feet away. Your title will lure viewers closer to see your imaginative and exciting study. The rest of the title, and the body of the poster, should be readable from about 10 feet away.
REVIEW the Title Banner page, CONTINUE on to Assembling the Title Banner page, or RETURN to the Main Menu page
- The final size of letters in the title itself should be about 1.5 - 2 inches tall. That is about a 96 point size (or 48 points enlarged by 200% when printed.
- The authors names may be printed smaller, at 72 points (1 - 1.5 inches)
- Titles (Ph.D., M.D.) are usually omitted, although the meeting organizers may require that the presenting author, student authors, or society members be indicated.
- Affiliations can be even smaller, at about 36 - 48 points (0.5 - 0.75 inch)
- The poster session number should be printed separately, at about 96 point size. It typically is placed in the top of the title banner, to the left, right, or at the center.