The Title banner
This part of the poster includes the title of the work,
the authors names, the institutional affiliations, and the poster number.
CONTINUE on for information about useful Font Styles, Font Sizes, and Assembling the Title Banner, or RETURN to Main Menu page.
- The title banner should be readable from 15 - 20 feet away.
- If space permits, use first names for authors to facilitate interactions.
- Middle initials and titles are seldom necessary, however.
- Use abbreviations where possible.
- City names, or even states, often may be dropped from the institutional affiliations.
- There are seldom rules regarding line justification of the title. Determine if you will left or center justify the text of the title banner once it has been formatted, based upon personal preferences and space constraints.
- Refer to your meeting guidelines for more details specific to the meeting you plan to attend.